I gratefully accept Yahobahne’s nominating me for the Leibster Award. (She nominated me a few months ago.) I encourage everyone to visit Yahobahne’s blog, Yahobahne’s Designs. She is a lovely, amazing woman and a devout Christian.
In addition to thanking the person (s) who nominated you, the Liebster Award has the following rules:
- Post eleven random facts about yourself.
- Answer eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
Eleven random Facts About Me: I love cheese and chocolate, hate sports, collect antiques, don’t know what it feels like to be bored, Organization is not one of my skills. i’d rather clean the house than balance my checkbook. Poe is my favorite poet and short-story writer. I’d like to time travel–backwards. I’m a direct descendant of William Drinkard, Doorkeeper of the House of Burgesses. When my dad preached revivals when I was a child, I discovered that if I stood by him after the service, people would put cash in my hand. I’d like to go to visit Israel.
Here are the 11 questions that Yahobahne asked me and the other nominees:
1. Which exercise would you prefer doing on a consistent basis: walking, jogging or weight lifting? 2. Explain why to question #1. 3. What is your favorite 1930′s, 1940′s or 1950′s classic movie? 4. Do you accept the Christian faith and that person’s relationship with Christ Jesus? 5. Explain in two paragraphs why or why not for question #4. 6. If you were to describe your personality, which breed of dog would best describe it? 1) A poodle, 2) pit bull, 3) yorkshire terrier, 4) german shepherd, 5) maltese, 6) yellow labrador, 7) cocker spaniel, 8) bulldog, 9) chihuahua, or a 10) dalmatian. 7. Explain your choice and why to question #6. If you’re not sure, you might want to research that breed. In any event, Be Honest. 8. Add up the numbers in your age. For example, age 42 will look like 4 + 2 = 7. Provide only the last number (7). Tell me what you think that number reminds you of or whether or not it represents something spiritual or natural. 9. Who was the last person you “served” today, if at all? Be Honest. 10. What was your favorite childhood game? 11. Explain your answer for question #10.
2. I like to walk because it’s good for my circulation, strengthens my bones, and it’s a safe form of exercise for people of all ages. Walking is also my quiet time with the Lord when I can pray and appreciate His magnificent creation.
3. My favorite 1930’s movie is “Downstairs,” starring John Gilbert and Virginia Bruce.
5. I believe in the Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I am a born-again Christian and want everyone to know Jesus as Lord and Savior. “[Christ] is the image of the invisible God” (Colossians 1: 15 KJV).
I strive to embrace other Christians, regardless of denomination or personality traits. God has created us as unique individuals. The challenge is to love each other and appreciate our differences without compromising the Gospel. God has called us to be one in Christ regardless of gender, color, ethnic background, Jew, or Gentile.
7. I’m more of a mixed breed than a pedigree. My parents had a poodle named “Snoopy,” so I identify with the poodle more than the other dogs listed. I’m loyal and enjoy being with family. Like Snoopy, I’m less than bold and sometimes neurotic. Poodles can be overly sensitive and look dejected if someone utters a harsh word. I know how that feels. Poodles are generally well-groomed, but since I’m a mixed breed, I could use a haircut.
8.The number 7 is the number of perfection. It is God’s signature. It’s both natural and spiritual. God created the word in 6 days and rested on the 7th. A week on our calendar is 7 days. God has 7 Appointed Times or feast days: Sabbath, Passover, First Fruits, Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets, Yom Kippur, and Feast of Tabernacles. Within the feasts are seven Sabbaths—no work days. (This is in addition to the regular Sabbath, which is the 7th day of the week.) Scripture is filled with 7s. In Revelation, Jesus addresses the 7 churches. Chapter 5 of Revelation describes a book with 7 seals that only Christ is worthy to open. Revelation also records 7 trumpets, 7 bowls of wrath, 7 peals of thunder. The Great Tribulation is 7 years.The spiritual and the natural realm also contain multiples of 7. The average menses is 28 days. The average pregnancy lasts 280 days. The Jews were in captivity in Babylon for 70 years (10 X 7). Jubilee is 50 years: 7 years X 7 = 49. The 50th year is related to rest. Daniel’s prophetic 70 weeks (Daniel 9: 24=27) relate to the Messiah and eschatology.
9. I spent the afternoon with my 94-year-old mother.
10. Hop scotch.
11. I liked to play outside. I could play hopscotch alone or with others, plus I liked drawing with chalk.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite quote? 2.If you could take a month-long vacation, where would you like to go (regardless of whether or not you could afford it)? 3.Why? To number 2. 4. What is your ultimate goal in life? 5. What role does religion play in your life? 6.What qualities do you look for in a leader? 7. What are your hobbies? 8.When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? 9.What is your favorite book? 10. Why? To number 9. 11. Do you like your birth name? (You may have to Google “names and their meanings”.) Does it reflect your personality?
List of Nominees to be posted soon.